OCC and CDIS @ SC16
We're pleased to announce our presence at the annual Super Computing conference. This year's conference will be in Salt Lake City, Utah and the OCC and the Center for Data Intensive Science will showcase:
- innovations in data science applications in biology, medicine, health care, and the environment;
- new releases of data commons and data peering technology that support research communities, including specialized commons for cancer genomic data, weather data, and satellite imagery;
- data intensive computing systems;
- high performance analytics;
- and a Tuesday Birds-of-a-Feather session on Data Commons led by Dr. Robert Grossman, Dr. Allison Heath, and Dr. Zachary Flamig.
If you're in Salt Lake City and attending the conference please stop by booth #2611, ask for a demonstration, and learn more about how we've been making data intensive research easier and more accessible. We'll be giving away free gourmet coffee, CDIS and OCC tool kits, and OSDC embossed Belgian chocolates. Get yours while they last!
While you're in the booth be sure to check out some of the innovative networking demonstrations of our booth partners: Naval Research Lab and the NASA Sciences and Exploration Directorate. These are organized by OCC Board Member Joe Mambretti and his organization, ICAIR, who is leading 42(!!) high speed networking demonstrations this year. The OCC and CDIS will participate in 100Gbps demonstrations showcasing transfer and use of NOAA environmental data and components of Software Defined Networking for Bioinformatics applications.
Scheduled highlights of the CDIS/OCC presence can be downloaded here. Unless otherwise noted, scheduled presentations will take place in exhibition booth #2611.